Sunday, February 26, 2006

TRON and me

That TRON GPS game is a great idea. I could not stop boring my wife about it. Not only do I love the idea about making games more physical, but I love the idea of what the kids who play these games will look like. No more obese children on the playstation, but techno-kids running around making sure the laser trails do not trap them. As a side note, the little artificial intelligence of the little TRON light cycles game on the GPS page is very good...I could hardly win.

A project that I want to make that I have been thinking about for the last year is to make virtual sculptures that are positioned around campus. You would walk around campus with Augmented Reality goggles and see virtual objects all over the place. Perhaps a virtual representation of the "sculptor" can be standing around talking about the project. It would be sad not to be able to touch it...but who knows, maybe we can work with OSC virtual lab on this haptic device.

As the link, I would like to point to our very own interface lab in this same building http://www.osc.edu/hpc/bale/interfacelabinfo.shtml. For those who have not seen this lab, they are very nice and love giving students tours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home